Savings & Benefits
In the last few years LED (Light Emitting Diode) lighting technology, also known as solid state lighting, has advanced rapidly to the point where LED lighting is now being used in a range of general lighting applications.
Good quality LED lighting is now similar to conventional lighting technology in terms of light output but LED lighting has numerous benefits over conventional lighting, such as
- Up to 90% lower energy consumption = dramatically reduced lighting costs
- 50,000 Hrs plus life expectancy for LED lamps = dramatically reduced maintenance costs
- Minimal heat production = reduced loads on air conditioning systems
- LED light output is more constant over time = safe, effective work environment
- LED lights do not flicker = no OH&S and health issues for staff
- LED lights provide instant start up = brilliant for warehousing applications
- LED performance is not affected by frequent On/Off switching = increased reliability, less maintenance
- No toxic substances used in manufacture of LED’s = no OH&S risks if broken and no expensive disposal costs
- Recyclable = better for the environment and no expensive disposal costs
- Light output does not degrade at low temperatures = excellent for refrigeration or cold climates
- Direction of emission can be accurately controlled = minimizes energy waste
- No UV emission = LED’s are perfect for museums, galleries etc. as they do not degrade organic materials. LED lights do not attract insects.